Patch 3.3: Linkfest
As promised, some follow-up from Friday’s peek at the three 5-man dungeons in Icecrown Citadel:
- MMO Champion has a couple of screen-shot Galleries up, a more general one is attached to this post. One focused on the Pit of Saron is here. Matticus has some additional, more personal, shots on his post.
- The folks at WoW.com (that’s formerly WoW Insider, you know) went into the Pit of Saron over the weekend. Their impression of tanking is here. Oh, and there’s some healer info as well, but who the heck cares about that? (The TL&DR is that at the moment the instance is fairly standard 5-man fare if you are already in Tier 9 level raid epics, but probably significantly more challenging if you’re just making the move up from, say, Trial of the Champion.)
Some other interesting tidbits have also come out regarding the upcoming Patch:
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment
- There are weekly quests for raids given out by The Council of Six. These give a whopping ten Emblems of Frost (that would be the token drop from Icecrown I imagine). Currently, there are twelve of these, 3 in Naxxaramas, 4 in Ulduar, 2 in Trial of the Crusader, 1 in Icecrown Citadel, as well as Malygos and Sartharion. Talk about something else to do with your raid if you finish early.
- There is quite a good deal of speculation about Quel’Delar, the sword that is embedded in the ice just south of the Argent Tournament. It seems unlikely that this will be a second Legendary in Icecrown (see Shadowmourne), and MMO Champion seems to think that it will be a quest to give it to the Argent Crusade. Myself, I think it is more likely somehow related to Shadowmourne, perhaps the axe is salvaged from the remains of the blade? No doubt we will find out soon enough.
- And lastly, on the PTR they’ve taken away some of the function of Damage Shield, meaning it will no longer proc, say, Deep Wounds. It’s almost like they really don’t like Protection Warriors having it or something.